October 7, 2011

Steve Jobs & My Life...

When I signed on to Facebook late Wednesday night I had received the sad news just like everyone else...one of the greatest inventors had passed. As I sat there stunned over the news I got a gut wrenching feeling, I was reading the news on one of his very own products, Ipod. As I am sure the majority of the world probably got the news that way too. The passing of Steve Jobs was all over the news when I woke up yesterday morning. The Today show dedicated its entirety to him and his legacy. As we all know, Steve Jobs was a very private person and rarely, if ever, spoke about his personal life. Naturally, I watched his commencement address to Stanford Graduates in 2005 again and again. This is one of the only times, that I know of, that he ever spoke about anything personal, and it was as good as when I first watched it for the first time a few years ago.

It's amazing how someone who I have never met is able to have an impact on my life. I thought of nothing but what I am passionate about yesterday. All day. I realized that I have a lot that I am passionate about and now I am going to try and figure out what I am going to do with them. A man who I have never met, who never met me, and who was so private can speak for 15 minutes and have this kind of impact on my life. Maybe it's because he was so young and had so much more to show to the world. Maybe it's because he was living what he truly loved doing every day.

I challenge you to listen to his speech again or if you have never heard it. See how it makes you feel. Does it change how you view your past, present, or future?



"Stay hungry...Stay foolish"
                                  Steve Jobs

~Drake

No comments:

Post a Comment