January 2, 2012

Working Hard...All Day!

These four quotes are truly what I feel at this moment. The hubs had the day off of work and I thought that we would be relaxing. This is how I looked at it this morning, when I put him to work.lol. For the last three days we were on a mini-vacation so why do I need to relax?! I am sure my husband would have appreciated it but since we have SO much to do before Drake Men is launched there is no time to sit...literally. I have been on the 'go' since this morning. Filling containers with our ties that we received Friday, creating an inventory system, and probably the most fun was using my new label maker! Funny how the little things get me excited.

The truth is I didn't realize how tired I was until I sat down to right this post. I have been non-stop, with my Venti iced coffee from Starbucks, all day. I wouldn't have it any other way. It's interesting that when you find the one thing that you love you don't mind spending all day doing it. Never looking at your watch or wondering how long something is going to take. For me, at this point, I am loving every minute of everything that I am doing. I know that, technically, this is work but it feels like a project that I have started from the ground up and can't wait to see what the end result will be. My halfway mark was when I got all of the merchandise in and I could see my designs completed. Let me just say that when I opened the box of ties I jumped up and down while my husband was shocked at how amazing they looked and laughing at, probably, how childish I looked.


I am so thankful for everything that happened in 2011. The idea of Drake Men was born and then changing jobs made me realize what I wanted to be doing with my life. I have an amazing husband that pushes me, motivates me, everyday to make Drake Men amazing. I am definitely a lucky girl and have a wonderful life...I am not taking it for granted!

No comments:

Post a Comment