July 11, 2012

Living In The Photo...

Good Morning lovies! It is a wet Wednesday here in Houston so I thought to brighten my mood I would post something that I have never talked about...wishing I lived in these photos. I came upon these photos a few days ago and I can't stop looking at them. They both have my love of stripes and a mix between modern and glam.

I have always imagined of having a nice large kitchen. Lots of storage, a great stove, a hidden refrigerator and dishwasher, and possibly a-borderline-too large island. Most girls want this, yes?! Well this kitchen could make me let go of my oversized kitchen. The large windows, gorgeous striped drapes, all white kitchen, and how open it feels just screams "come home here"!


On to the dining room shall we! Because I have always lived in an apartment and then a one bedroom condo I have never really had to worry about the decor of a true dining room.  In my archives of hundreds of photos of different rooms I probably have a handful of dining room ones. Having an area that is separated from the kitchen just overwhelms me. I don't know what I would do with it! Part of me loves that I have never had to worry about it because having a kitchen that opens up to a 'dining room' is great for parties. I can finish my cooking, mix drinks, and still have conversations. 

Then the adult comes into play and thinks how great it would be to have a formal dinner party. I haven't had the opportunity to host one, yet. This dining room photo gets me so excited about the possibility of having one some day. When I do I hope I could pull this look off. It's everything I like rolled into one-modern, masculine, with a hint of a vintage feel. I could just see myself having wonderful conversation at this table!





No comments:

Post a Comment