November 28, 2011

{Long} Weekend View

I hope everyone had a great long holiday weekend! Our Thanksgiving was filled with cooking, eating, talking, laughing, football, some Black Friday shopping, and finishing the weekend out with some much needed lounging on the couch. As we all know, holiday season is my favorite. When I was younger I couldn't wait to get together with the whole family at my Aunt's house. You would always find us cousins in one of the back rooms playing some sort of game. As we have gotten older that has turned into all the women talking around the dinner table and half the men in the backyard playing football while the other men 'watch' football...aka sleeping! I was always nervous that as we all grow up this time of year would feel different and it is different...but in the best way. My sister and I did the cooking this year, which was so much fun, and our little cousin's that would rather be playing video games or football now have our husbands! This year was so much fun and I can't wait for Christmas Eve when we get to do it all over again.

On Friday night, instead of fighting the shopping crowds, I brewed some coffee, sat on my couch, started and completed my Christmas shopping list. My husband laughed while shaking his head the whole time. He probably would have rather been at the stores but why bother?! You can get free shipping, the same deals, and you don't have to worry about crazy shoppers. Which always puzzled me...why is it that come Black Friday everyone looses their manners and it's a 'free for all'. Here are some of the photos from this past week!



Wednesday- cooking Thanksgiving dinner...Green Bean bundles so good!

While the food was cooking in the oven we had time to workout
to Michael Jackson's dance game on the Wii!

Thanksgiving feast! Turkey, Ham, Stuffing, Mashed Potato casserole,
green bean bundles, gravy, rolls and salad = amazingness :)

Photo time - Me and my beautiful pregnant sister!

Me and the hubs

Of course finishing up with some football.


How was your Thanksgiving?!

No comments:

Post a Comment