July 26, 2012

Are We There Yet? {Vacation}...

A few weeks ago I let all of my lovely readers know that my guy and I were headed for a Cruise in September for our vacation. Well, while I was down in Galveston with some family checking on my parents home I decided to have a change of heart. Being born and raised in Houston we would always take day trips to the beach. In all my years I have never once had a vacation down there and I never really wanted to.

As my guy and I have gotten older we realize that we have lots of fun discovering new places around town, have a fun adventure, and taking our cities all in. So we will be nixing the cruise and heading for my parents home down there for a week...I can't wait! Because we know the area there will be lots of relaxing, walking to the shops, eating great seafood, and of course visiting the beach.

Since the hurricane a few years ago the beaches have been cleaned up and lots of new attractions have been added...

Definitely will be having a good book and a cocktail in hand while soaking up the hot, hot sun!


Pleasure Pier is one of the most exciting attractions that had been added! With rides, arcade games, restaurants, and shops you certainly can't go wrong.


Yesterday was a lot of fun. The house is coming along great and the whole family is ecstatic about getting it completed and having lots of get togethers. 

The see through fireplace really sets the tone for this house! Whether you are sitting in the living room or walk through either walkways into the sun room you still have a great view. 


View from the second floor porch. The WHOLE family is working on them getting a pool...they are resisting right now but hopefully they will come around!


Photos by Shannon {here}

No comments:

Post a Comment