July 20, 2012

Slowly But Surely...


Today, I have been feeling a little strange. I couldn't figure out what it was so I went on and did my daily routine. Ran the dishwasher, did the laundry, returned emails, did some advertising for Drake Men, made the bed, ate breakfast...etc. Everything was going normal, no problems had risen. I am more tired than usual today which, okay, I could see where that is the lying issue. So I did what I hate to do...I dug deeper. 

I am one who keeps a lot of my emotions in. Not particular reason either. It's not that I was raised to do that or that I like to...I just always have. After about half an hour of asking my self questions I got to the root of the problem. I am frustrated with myself. Drake Men has had its 'doors' open for almost 4 weeks now. It has been a fun and exciting time in our lives. I work hard on it everyday, try to do my best, and that's really anyone could ask for. 

Today, I had my breaking point. After a month, I know it sounds crazy, but I just kept thinking "how can I get the word out, how can I bring in more customers, how much is too much advertising". Then those questions turned to a few negative ones which I quickly knocked out of my head. I read a lot about small businesses and I am not the person that wants to create a brand/company and then turn around to sell it for a crazy amount. I want to see Drake Men be successful, I want to grow with the company, and I would love to leave this to my children-one day. 

So after about an hour of this I decided to sit down and write a few things out. That lead me to this post. From time to time I share some personal things and this is one of those times. Getting it out there in the open helps me. Now I have a new plan. I am going to work harder everyday. Drake Men is getting better everyday whether it's with Twitter followers, FB followers, or hits that we get on our site. In order for us to get over this beginning phase I am going to have to push a little more. Whether it's work longer or do things differently. I am going to succeed in this, I will not fail. Don't want to sound too pushy or arrogant but that is how I feel. I think that is how most entrepreneurs feel. 

In my mind I have so many things that I would like to do and I want to do all of them. So it looks like I will be getting up earlier and staying up later, working out at the same time everyday, drinking more coffee-my mother will not be happy, and maybe one day I will finally feel like "okay this is it...here we go". 

Last weekend I saw a car commercial for the Dodge Dart and I promise you my guy and I loved it. He saw it as a great ad and when I listened it made me feel some sort of drive within. Maybe you will think it's an awesome car or commercial, but maybe you will feel the way I did.




Thank you and that is all for now...and on that note have a great weekend! :)

























No comments:

Post a Comment