January 7, 2013

I Almost Forgot!


My guy has been asking me since December 31 what my new years resolutions are. Usually I am really into this and make all kinds of 'resolutions' which most never get completed. Hate to say it but it's true.

For some reason I get exhausted when I think about making them for 2013. For the last seven days I couldn't put my finger on it. Granted part of me was thinking "Don't you dare make those same cliche ones". We all know what I am talking about- loose weight, read more, travel more, etc.

As I was in the shower I had a thought. Instead of making the cliche resolutions that are pointless because they will never get done, make a few new resolutions while keeping the ones that I did actually do in 2012.

Keepin' It Going In 2013
Boom. Let's go.

Show appreciation to my guy.
He truly does so much for me.

Running is the answer the everything.
I found that this truly helped me like nothing else. For 30 min I could forget everything.

Date nights are a must.
Pulling out our fancy pants and having great conversation over drinks and food. Duh.

Spoling my nieces and nephew.
Thinking about them brightens my day. The are my little bambinos.

Stepping out of my comfort zone.
2012 was all about me having to step outside of that zone...and I loved it.


2013 Resolutions
Bring it 2013.

See the positives more than the negatives.
Isn't life better that way? So I have heard.

Work harder.
We can always work harder, longer, and better. I know I can.

Make more time for my girlfriends.
No more excuses. Plus, we always have so much fun together. 

Get fit.
Yes I am going there. In September I was 5 lb. from my ultimate goal weight and feeling fantastic.
I would like to get back there. And I will. 

Learn Spanish
This would make my life easier as well as my husbands family. :)


So there you have it. This list is short but I can say with confidence that I see myself fulfilling each one. It is only January 6 and I have already had 2 nights that were spent with wonderful friends and have a dinner this week with a group of girls that make me laugh. Those are really the best kind. 

I am also thinking about writing my future self a letter. I read about it over on Jess Lively's blog and thought that's something I could do. Yes, I believe I will be doing that. Have you made your resolutions for 2013?

No comments:

Post a Comment